Research Support Assistant
Temporary Position from June 26, 2017, to August 31, 2017
The ESPC is seeking a Research Support Assistant for a 10-week full-time temporary position. Main job duties will be to assist with social research projects including the 2017 edition of Vital Signs, and the upcoming edition of our flagship publication Tracking the Trends. The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to other ESPC research projects, newsletters and publications as directed.
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research using a variety of sources and methods
• Knowledge of data collection and statistical analysis
• Superior job task planning and organizational skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to carry out multiple tasks in a self-directed manner
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be able to work out of our Edmonton office during regular office hours. The successful applicant cannot be in full-time studies or doing other full-time work from June 26, 2017, to August 31, 2017. Preference will be given to applicants with a relevant post-secondary background.
Salary: $17.00 per hour/35 hours per week
Please submit application letter and resume by electronic mail no later than June 9, 2017. We thank applicants in advance for their submissions, but we will only contact those people who will be interviewed for the position. Applications should be sent (preferably by email) to:
Edmonton Social Planning Council
Attn: Heather Curtis, Research Coordinator
#37, 9912-106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 1C5