Request for Input
The Legislative Standing Committee on Families and Communities has requested input on the changes to the Mental Health Act from 2007. These changes are known as the Mental Health Amendment Act, 2007.
The two main changes under review are “criteria for involuntary admission of persons with mental disorders to health care facilities” and “the use of community treatment orders for persons requiring ongoing mental health services” (Mental Health Amendment Act, 2007).
This fACT sheet will provide you with information about these changes, as well as the state of mental health in Alberta.
To share your comments about the act, send a written submission by February 29, 2016, to the Standing Committee on Families and Communities:
3rd Floor, 9820 – 107 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5K 1E7
Click here to download: fACT Sheet 2016 - Mental Health Amendment Act, 2007, Review (29th Legislature)
The ESPC has released its annual analysis of the federal government's 2015 budget.
Highlights from this Fact Sheet include:
- Budget is sort on detail and long on spin;
- Few changes to Child Tax Benefits/National Child Benefit;
- Few benefit from Family Tax Cut;
- Universal Child Care Benefit increased;
- Children's Tax Fitness Credit doubled;
- Tax-Free Saving Account maximum doubled;
- EI compassionate care leave lengthened;
- CMHC coop housing mortgages replaced by lower private sector mortgages;
- Public Transit Funding to cities boosted;
- Modest improvements for Aboriginal communities.
Click to download: fACT Sheet - Federal Budget 2015
Click to view budget