We’re Hiring – Summer Social Research Assistant
Social Research Assistant – 35 hours/week (Full-time Temporary Position)
The Edmonton Social Planning Council, a charitable, non-profit social research and advocacy agency founded in 1940, is seeking a Social Research Assistant for a 10-week, full-time, temporary summer position between June 13th and August 19th, 2022 (inclusive).
Wage: $18.28 per hour/35 hours per week
Main job duties will involve assisting with social research projects, including the 2022 Vital Signs. The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to other ESPC research projects, newsletters, and publications as directed. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking for job experience in a collaborative work environment and social research.
- Knowledge of word processing, excel spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Demonstrated ability to conduct data gathering using a variety of sources and methods
- Knowledge of data collection and statistical analysis methods
- Superb job task planning and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks in a self-directed manner
- Knowledge or awareness of social issues related to poverty and low-income
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Be able to work remotely as needed
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment period
Preference will be given to applicants with a relevant post-secondary background.
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than 11:59PM on May 20th, 2022. We thank applicants in advance for their submissions but will only contact those selected for interviews.
Applications should be sent (preferably by email) to:
Edmonton Social Planning Council
Attn: Sydney Sheloff, Research Coordinator
#200, 10544 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2X6
Types: Full-time, Temporary