Susan Morrissey joined the ESPC as Executive Director in October 2005. In addition to the day-to-day operational oversight, she spends a significant amount of time building strong relationships and brokering partnerships with like-minded organizations in the community.
Susan holds bachelor’s degrees in Sociology/Psychology and Recreation Administration & Leisure Studies from the University of Alberta. Susan began her professional career as a Recreation Therapist specializing in dementia care programming and gradually moving into a management role. In 1999 Susan became the Executive Director of the Association of Adult Day Support Programs, now called Eldercare which provided day program support to the frail elderly in a non-institutional setting.
Susan’s professional accomplishments include the 2002 YWCA Women of Distinction Award for Business Management/Professions and the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association Professional of the Year in 1994 and 2001.
Recent Posts by Susan
- Letter to the Editor: City’s plan for homeless applauded (10/15/2020)
- Submission to the Government of Alberta’s Affordable Housing Review Panel (8/13/2020)
- Letter to Premier Jason Kenney: call on the provincial government to extend the eviction ban for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic (5/4/2020)
- Opinion: Budget is a setback for lower-income Albertans (11/5/2019)
- 2012 Cyberbullying Reality Check (10/12/2016)
Research Services and Capacity Building Coordinator