The Edmonton Homeless Commission has recently released the Year 5 Update report on the 10 year plan to end homelessness.
Year 5 Key Numbers
- 2,178 permanent homes secured for 2,909 people who had been homeless.
- 80% of formerly homeless persons have secured housing in the private rental market.
- 84% of the people housed have retained their housing.
- 466 newly constructed units have been completed.
- Government funding for homeless supports was frozen for Year 5 but an increase is planned for Year 6.
- Welcome Home matched 85 community volunteers with 55 newly housed Edmontonians to provide companionship and community supports.
Click here to download the update: Edmonton’s 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness - Year 5 Update