The ESPC has released its annual analysis of the federal government’s 2015 budget.
Highlights from this Fact Sheet include:
- Budget is sort on detail and long on spin;
- Few changes to Child Tax Benefits/National Child Benefit;
- Few benefit from Family Tax Cut;
- Universal Child Care Benefit increased;
- Children’s Tax Fitness Credit doubled;
- Tax-Free Saving Account maximum doubled;
- EI compassionate care leave lengthened;
- CMHC coop housing mortgages replaced by lower private sector mortgages;
- Public Transit Funding to cities boosted;
- Modest improvements for Aboriginal communities.
Click to download: fACT Sheet – Federal Budget 2015