Research Update: September 2021
The Edmonton Social Planning Council, in collaboration with our volunteers, strives to provide stakeholders and community members with up-to-date reviews on recently published social research reports and publications.
In this issue, we have the following reviews:
- Low-income persistence in Alberta – Reviewed by Besindone Dumi-Leslie
- The Future of Non-Profits in Edmonton – Reviewed by Rebecca Jansen
- Welfare in Canada – Reviewed by Sung Min (Amy) Jo
- “She-cession” or Parental Problems: Disparities in the Alberta Labour Market from COVID-19 – Reviewed by Dharma Johnston
- Show Me the Money? Cash-for-Care Benefits to Support Aging at Home in Canada – Reviewed by Shawna Ladouceur
- It’s More than Just Training – Reviewed by Lexia Simmons
- Changing Canada’s Social Safety Net – Reviewed by Jennifer Smyth
- “Oh Kanata!” Indigenous and non-Indigenous views on national identity, leadership, and reconciliation in Canada – Reviewed by Laurel Van De Keere
- The Numbers Game: How Lack of Race-Based Data Collection During COVID-19 in Canada has Highlighted Systemic Racism – Reviewed by Jayme Wong
Click on image to view online.