During the summer of 2012, the Edmonton Social Planning Council ran a series of discussions with marginalized groups in our community to learn more about what they would like to see in the Government of Alberta’s Social Policy Framework. During each discussion, we recorded the main themes that were discussed. This information was used to create summary reports for each discussion. These reports, which are listed below, contain valuable information about the various challenges that marginalized Edmontonians face in our community. They also demonstrate the need for an effective Social Policy Framework that addresses social inequality in our province.
In February 2013, Alberta Human Services had released the Social Policy Framework.
Our Focus Group Discussion Summaries
- Discussion Summary- Canadian Mental Health Association SPF Summary
- Discussion Summary- Canadian Native Friendship Centre SPF Summary
- Discussion Summary- Centre to End All Sexual Exploitation (CEASE) SPF SUMMARY
- Discussion Summary- Friends Stanley Milner SPF summary
- Discussion Summary- Jasper Place Health and Wellness Centre SPF Summary
- Discussion Summary- Old Strathcona Youth Society SPF Summary
- Discussion Summary- Project Adult Literacy Society (PALS) SPF summary
- Discussion Summary- Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton (SAGE) SPF summary